Monday, June 1, 2009

Back in the Saddle Again!

I picked up a three-day trip that started at 0600 this morning - the first turn was to Salt Lake City and then I have an overnight in Salt Lake City. I was so excited when I saw my crew...my friend, Michael was on our turn! Yay! It's been awhile since I had flown with him, but we get along really well and work well together. So that made the turn very pleasurable.

On the return to DEN, I saw a passenger placing his large garment bag and smaller suitcase in the overhead bin above row 5, and then he proceeded to go to row 17. I was A, so I decided to let it go until I had row 1 passengers without a place to put their bags. At that point, I took down his two bags and brought them back to him in row 17. At first, he acted like he had no clue those were his bags, but when I told him that I saw him putting them up there, he could not deny it. He wasn't happy with me, but the row 1 passengers were. Tee hee hee! That is one of my perverse pleasures in this job!

We got a new C for the overnight to Salt Lake City, and she fits right in with me and the B as far as doing our jobs, getting the work done correctly, and being pleasant to each other and the passengers! We make a good team! The CPT and FO are also very nice, and it makes this trip that much more enjoyable. However, tomorrow when we return to DEN, we get a new CPT and FO for our trip to Detroit. Hopefully, they'll be just as nice!

One of the perks of this job is that we can get together with friends when we lay over in their city - tonight I was able to have dinner with Todd, my daughter's former ballroom dance teacher. We had an enjoyable couple of hours catching up, talking, walking, eating - having a really nice time. The next time I'm in town at the same time that he is available, we're going to see if the hotel has an empty room with a dance floor, and Todd and I are going to start working on some ballroom dances together! There's a couple Michael Buble songs that I'm dying to dance to, and those are what we'll use! How much fun is that!?!?!

Cool! I just heard this very loud jet sound flying overhead (my first thought was that it was a plane getting ready to crash into the city)...but it was a 747 with 4 fighter jets - I just called Greg to ask him why this was, and he said it could have been Air Force One. Very interesting...(if so, doesn't that man every stay home?).

No comments: