Friday, June 5, 2009

Is it Friday Already?!?!

I'm not sure what happened to this week...

I think my last post was on Monday night, from my hotel in Salt Lake City. Well, since then I've been back to Denver, spent Tuesday night in Detroit (wonderful Marriott hotel beds!!!), returned to Denver on Wednesday and then did a turn to Tucson before returning to Colorado Springs.

The flight attendant crew I flew with was wonderful! Our CPT and FO were different for each pairing, but they were all really easy to work with.

The most fun was my trip from DTW to DEN - first off, right after we finished the safety demo, the young guy in 15F asked the C if it was too late to get off the plane. When C asked why, he said "I just realized that I am in love, and I shouldn't leave!" Awwwwww. How romantic! But, not practical in the airline industry. The three mid-aged flight attendants paid special attention to him during the flight, ensuring that his heart stayed whole...one of us even assured him that "absence makes the heart grow fonder." Awwwwwww.

The other chuckle I got was from 4C. She was an elderly lady on the flight that was only 1/2 full, and I told her that she could move to a different row if she wanted to, so that both she and 4A could have their own rows. When she moved across the aisle, I told her "Oh...not there! That side of the plane doesn't go to Denver!" She looked at me and said "Ok! I wasn't sure!" and moved to 3C. Then I giggled and told her that, "No...4D will go to Denver." She replied, "Well, I'm never sure where to sit, because I'm not sure which seats go where." Huh?!?! Ok, then.

It's now Friday, and I got assigned to the Noon to 6PM shift on the couch. But when I checked in, they told me that they are down to "bare bones" and I will probably be assigned something during the shift. True to their word, the crewroom phone rang and it was for me...I am now doing a turn to Nashville! I have a feeling that this is going to be a busy weekend!

No comments: