Thursday, January 13, 2011

Delays, Delays and More Delays

Well, I THOUGHT I'd be back in Denver at 7:30AM on Monday morning. It didn't quite happen that way.

We had a 5:05AM van time at the hotel - at about 4:50AM, I took a quick look at my schedule to see if crew scheduling had given me a turn once I returned to Denver. They didn't, but what I did see was that our 6:30AM flight time for IND-DEN was now listed at 8:30AM.

Instead of going downstairs, I called the CPT and asked if he was aware our flight was now at 8:30AM. He wasn't. So he told me to stay in my room, called whoever it is that he calls to find out what the heck is going on, and then he called me back and tried to reach the rest of the crew. We were now going to take the 7:15AM van to the airport. Yay! The First Officer had to go downstairs to tell the other two flight attendants to go back to their rooms, while the CPT called the limo service to reschedule our ride.

We actually did leave the hotel at 7:15AM - but we still had another 2 1/2 hours of sitting around in the airport and on the plane. It seems that we were waiting for a part, and it didn't arrive until around 9:40AM. Why the heck couldn't we stay at the hotel until that time? And why didn't we get word about this from crew scheduling? We should have been told the night before so that we could have gotten a good night's sleep! It turns out that the part had to be driven from Milwaukee to Indianapolis. I just don't understand.

However, I did enjoy my crew. I fully expected to be given a turn afterwards, but was released to my days off. Woo hoo! I just finished those and got to sit the couch from 6AM until Noon today. It was delightful! I'm now waiting to see what crew scheduling has in store for me for the next three days...♥

No comments: