Sunday, December 19, 2010

Random Thoughts

I have learned that a 4-day trip with early show times is hard. The same with an early couch sit one day, a 3-day trip with early show times, followed by a DCA turn with an early show time. That's what I did last week!

This week, I started out with the Noon-6PM couch. And now I'm on a 4-day trip with show times that are pretty early - except for today's. I have to be downstairs for the van to the Detroit airport by 5:15AM, which is 3:15AM Denver time. OUCH. But after flying back to Denver, I will be flying on to Ft. Lauderdale. Nice, huh? I lucked into that trip.

It's been interesting around the crewroom. The company is using a new scheduling program, and January was the first month. Tons of flight attendants are angry because their schedules aren't what they wanted. But if you listen closely, those same flight attendants will admit that they DID NOT do the online video training, nor did they attend one of the training classes. Hmmmm. Sounds to me like they got what they deserved! I have no sympathy. At least they got a line. There are 6 low seniority flight attendants who actually got lines this month - some of them didn't even know it until I told them on Facebook! Lucky ducks!

For the first time in our company's history, we received a Christmas bonus! Yay! But there were still unhappy people - it wasn't enough, why did they have to take taxes out, how come I only got half, etc. etc. Can't people be happy about their good fortune?

Since it's the holidays, I've been wearing my "holiday" apron when I do service. Years ago, someone got me a snowman apron from Old Navy. So I wore it for the first time last week - the passengers love it! It's a fun way to celebrate!

There are lots and lots of unaccompanied minors on our planes. The flight coming in from Ft. Lauderdale had seven and we had three. Tis the season. But it's so sad when it's a little 5 year old...the older ones know how the game is played, and they know what they're entitled to and how to go about getting it.  :) 

Since I am starting to fall asleep as I type this, I guess I'd better take advantage of the situation and call it a night...4:30AM will be here before I know it!

No comments: