Wednesday, December 8, 2010

In the Nick of Time...

Just when I was starting to melt down, due to the stress of everyday life and being on reserve for 3+ years, I get handed the golden egg - a 15.5 hour layover in Orange County, CA! This is one of the nicest hotels that we stay at, there are palm trees, and the weather is nice. Not to mention the Trader Joe's and In-N-Out within 3 miles!

Originally, I had hoped to see my daughter's future mother-in-law, but she was tied up with work - imagine that. Tied up on a weekday with work! Then I realized that my BFF from my Chicago days lives within 5 minutes of the hotel...so I gave her a call and left a message. She called back and hopes that her work schedule allows her to get together for brunch! These SoCal ladies sure work alot!!!

So it's now after midnight, I'm sure, and I made the mistake of turning on the TV...and there's Taye Diggs dancing in "How Stella Got Her Groove Back." Mighty fine! But I'm going to have to turn it off and go to sleep!

I am off duty for three days after I get home...and then the stretches of five and six duty days at a time start. Let the holidays begin!

No comments: