Sunday, November 21, 2010

At the Beach...

In the living room, looking down the hall.

The view you'd see if you sit on the toilet!

Looking from the hallway into the living room.

The view when you sit on the sofa.

The view as you look down the hall towards the entrance.
Well, what can I say? THIS is why I do this job. Even though I am here for only 14 hours, I got to enjoy the sun, fun, sand, sea and surf for a couple hours before it got dark. And the room I got this time was AWESOME. Two of the four walls are floor to ceiling windows. Nice.

It was an adventurous trip getting here - our original plane had a fuel leak in one of the engines. One of the ramp people saw it, and we were sent back to the gate. Thank God. That could have been disastrous. The mechanics could not find the fuel leak source, so we ended up getting a new plane. But before that, the Captain got on the P.A. and told everyone what was happening - because of that, everyone stayed pretty calm. They also realized that we weren't going to fly on any plane that wasn't safe.

Prior to this trip, I got an overnight in Orange County - I went with another flight attendant to Trader Joe's and In-N-Out burger. Delish! I had a good talk with the other flight attendant - Erika. She was just elected our first AFA (Association of Flight Attendants) Union President. She's got a good head on her shoulders.

I recently learned that one of my classmates from training and another in the class after me have left the company.  :(  And then I found that another of my classmates is leaving the company in early December. How sad! I guess they just can't wait any longer for the company to start hiring new flight attendants so that we can get off reserve.

In the meantime, I will be happy to take the Ft. Lauderdale trips, the 24-hour New York City layovers and the 18-hour Washington, DC layovers!

No comments: