Friday, October 22, 2010

Under the Weather...Again!

I haven't flown since 10/11-12 when I went to Minneapolis for a night. Why? Cause I'm grounded. Not by the FAA, but by me. My head has been stuffed since 10/13 and I've got an AWESOME cough! Woo hoo! It's fun to sneak up behind someone who's been a butthead to you, and let out a deep resonating cough! People actually run away from you!

But I do have to say that before I came down with this latest malady, I had a wonderful few days in Florida with family and friends at my niece, Lindsey's, wedding at Walt DisneyWorld.

Opa walking Lindsey down the aisle.
Lindsey and Greg taking their vows.
Walt DisneyWorld has their wedding planning down to an art. Everything was beautiful, went smoothly, and the wedding cake was DELICIOUS. Probably the best wedding cake that I've ever tasted!

Jen was able to join us at the wedding of her cousin, and she and Lindsey's sister, Brittany, got to spend some quality time hanging out in the parks! Greg and his parents spent the day after the wedding at Epcot, and I found myself some nice shade and spent the day relaxing!

When I came back from Florida, I got assigned to an overnight in Minneapolis, MN. I LOVE the hotel there, and was able to hitch a ride on the hotel van to go to the Mall of America. And guess what I did there? I went to the new "Long Tall Sally" store - the new version of the "Tall Girl" store. It was SO NICE to fondle the clothing, try things on that were too long for me, and just see things up close. Ahhhh. It is the ONLY store in the USA where I can try on tall clothing. We had an early morning show for Tuesday, and I got released at 7:30AM - WOW! An extra day "off!"

On Wednesday, I had my annual recurrent training from 8AM until 5:30PM at the General Office in Denver. Only one other reserve flight attendant was in my class - my good friend, EC! We both passed the door drills, the emergency equipment review, the CPR and self-defense testing...we're ready for another year, hopefully NOT on reserve! The Director of Inflight spoke to us during lunch, and told us that there will probably be a new hire flight attendant class in May, 2011. I had grabbed ahold of EC's hand before this "announcement," hoping that she was going to give a date in 2010. So I was kind of disappointed. Oh well...life goes on.

As usual, I had fun during training - it's a nice reminder of WHAT I'm supposed to be doing, and now that I'm really comfortable in my job, I always have some extra space in my brain to pick up and remember something that I had forgotten!

After my training day, I had four whole days off! BUT...I was sick as a dog for all those days. Then on my first duty day, I went to the doctor and got a note excusing me from work for the next six duty days. Today is day five of those six days. I'm doing a lot better than I was...but my head is still stuffy, my cough is amazing and I'll be going back to work on Monday.

I'll be spending my last few days of sick leave repacking my suitcase, doing laundry, maybe even raking leaves if the weather (and my breathing) cooperate. I'll also do a bit of TV watching, while muting ALL the political  campaign ads. I'll be so glad for all this to be over!

No comments: